Monday, January 3, 2011

We All Start Somewhere

Some of us want to grow up and be ballerinas, and get to wear glamourous costumes and memorize challenging dance routines.

Some of us want to grow up and be firefighters, saving people's lives and facing danger every day.

Some of us don't know what we want to be when we grow up.

Me, on the other hand, I grew up feeling an indescribable joy whenever I held a red pen. I scrutinized the grammar and conventions of every printed word I read, and every conversation I held. I pored over grammar rules and sentence diagrams...loved memorizing proofreader's marks.

And that brought me here.

The following are my credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Publishing Studies/English from Illinois State University
- Print and online editing and production experience through seven months of internships
- Freelance experience beginning in 2009
- Industry experience in technical editing since 2009
- Study of The Chicago Manual of Style

Oh, and I've been a self-proclaimed grammar Nazi since the 10th grade...if that makes a difference ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment